Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bedroom Walls 4/26/06 - Tangier, Los Angeles, CA. (Part One)


(Part one in a series of three)

Bedroom Walls today may or may not be playing as another band, who may or may not have recently released their first record. To celebrate this, I will be taking a look back at some older shows of theirs.*

I first heard of Bedroom Walls sometime in 2005, online. My first thought was that I liked the name, which could be construed as superficial, I suppose. But I did like the music, which has been described as part of the "romanticore" genre, though "indie-shoegaze-pop" could apply as well.

I didn't get to see Bedroom Walls until this show in 2006, at the now departed Tangier Restaurant and Lounge. This was announced as a kind of a "secret, last-minute" show - the crowd was small, but the sound is good. However, I apologize for not knowing the names of tracks 2 and 7 - if anyone knows them, drop me a line, thanks.

1.) Introduction MP3
2.) "unknown" MP3
3.) Winter, That's All MP3
4.) The Dog's Life MP3
5.) Do The Buildings and Cops Make You Smile? MP3
6.) Kathy In Her Bedroom MP3
7.) "unknown" MP3
8.) In Anticipation Of Your Suicide MP3
9.) The Idiot MP3
10.) I've Been Thinking A Lot About Dots On The Wall MP3
Text File

FLAC files available upon request (by e-mail)

(Note: When "The Idiot" song was played live, it was called "Everybody Here Thinks It's Ridiculous"; later it was posted on myspace as "The Idiot." Unless notified otherwise, I'm going with the latter title at the present time.)

*Edited 2/15/09 at request of band.

No comments:

Post a Comment