Monday, June 15, 2009

Liam Carey and Laura Weinbach 6/30/07 - The Hotel Cafe, Hollywood, CA.




From the archives.

It's weird - apparently, I recorded this show a couple of years and had known that Liam Carey was an Live Music Archive-approved artist, but it wasn't until recently that I got around to uploading it.

I first heard of Laura Weinbach in January 2007 when she "opened" for Jesca Hoop at The Hotel Cafe. I thought she was quite good and reminded me a lot of Regina Spektor, and purchased her CD afterwards. I saw her again that March in the same venue, in a evening's strong line-up which included Kate Earl, Carina Round, and The Oohlas (acoustic).

So, when I saw this show pop up on The Hotel Cafe's calender, I decided to go. My curious was definitely peaked because the listing stated that she was playing with another person named Liam Carey (I had not heard of him prior to the show), so I assumed she was being accompanied by someone else, and wondered what that sounded like. However, this didn't exactly come to happen - while Laura sang on a couple of Liam's songs, they basically split their time slot, playing separate sets. It was still a good show though.

Taking place at 7 PM on a Saturday, this performance ended up being a fairly quiet and low-key beginning to the evenings entertainment (or so I assume, I left after they finished) While I wasn't familiar with Liam Carey, he was definitely pleasant to listen to, with him and Laura's "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" a highlight of the set. Laura Weinbach delivered a good performance as well, focusing on material from her E.P. Entrance, ending with the two standards "La Vie En Rose" and "Sous le Ciel de Paris"

To download, right-click and save as.

1.) Habits (Liam only) FLAC MP3
2.) Mary Go Round (Liam and Laura) FLAC MP3
3.) "unknown" (Liam only) FLAC MP3
4.) Icarus (Liam only) FLAC MP3
5.) St. John (Liam only) FLAC MP3
6.) Burned On The Lips (Liam only) FLAC MP3
7.) Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Liam and Laura, traditional) FLAC MP3
8.) "unknown" (Laura only) FLAC MP3
9.) The Ghost (Laura only) FLAC MP3
10.) Foxtail's Brigade (Laura only) FLAC MP3
11.) Since The Day He Left Me (Laura only) FLAC MP3
12.) "unknown" (Laura only) FLAC MP3
13.) La Vie En Rose (Laura only, traditional) FLAC MP3
14.) Sous le Ciel de Paris (Laura only) FLAC MP3
Text File
MD5
Fingerprint

Stream the whole show here.

No comments:

Post a Comment