Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tristan Prettyman 4/01/09 - The Hotel Cafe, Hollywood, CA.



(Photo by Jeff Koga)

Last April, Tristan Prettyman played a month-long residency at The Hotel Cafe. On the first night of the month, she happened to share the evening with another person with an April residency, Jesca Hoop. I had known about Tristan Prettyman for some time, and not having seen a show of her's in a few years, I found this be a convenient line-up.

I first heard of Tristan Prettyman sometime back in 2003 through Jason Mraz, who I followed extensively at the time. It wasn't until early 2004 that I got a chance to see her live, as an opener at the Sunset Strip House of Blues. I also saw her again later that year in San Diego at the second (now-shuttered) incarnation of Java's Joe's Pub. In 2005, I caught a couple more performances of hers. One was in January, opening for Jason Mraz at the Ventura Theatre (which would be the last time I ever saw one of his shows) The next one was at The Hotel Cafe, which served as a L.A.-area release party for her full-length debut t w e n t y t h r e e. So, yes, obviously a long time has passed since that last show and this one from earlier this year.

The setlist was short, but good. Tristan had recently released her second full-length Hello...x and mostly performed songs from that - which I didn't really recognize because I've only heard one song off the new album. The only one I did recognize was "Love, Love, Love," but of course that's because it's an older tune, and from the first album.

To download, right-click and save as.

1.)Echo FLAC MP3
2.)Hello FLAC MP3
3.)Just In Case FLAC MP3
4.)Hummingbirds FLAC MP3
5.)In Bloom FLAC MP3
6.)Blindfold FLAC MP3
7.)Love, Love, Love FLAC MP3
8.)War Out Of Peace FLAC MP3

Stream the whole show here.

No comments:

Post a Comment