Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Oohlas 3/30/07 - The Hotel Cafe, Hollywood, CA.


I don't really remember where I first heard of The Oohlas - it was probably online somewhere. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if I listened to any of their music before this show. Regardless, I liked the name of the band (yeah, not being very eloquate here) and they were part of a strong line-up at The Hotel Cafe that night (Carina Round, Kate Earl, and Laura Weinbach also played there that night) so off I went.

On this particular night, The Oohlas played acoustically. While I do love and listen to quite a bit of rock, I do love my acoustic music, and especially adore it when bands that are usually plugged in play in such a fashion because then I can have my cake and eat it too. I fully agree with the often-said opinion that acoustic music is usually the best way to hear music because to hear a song stripped down is to hear it in it's purest form.

Anyway, The Oohlas played a great acoustic set this night, and I immediately started liking their music. I later tracked down their very-good debut LP "Best Stop Pop," and saw them play a regular "plugged-in" show; however, I think they shine best in the live acoustic setting. Wish they would play that way more often.

1.) Tripped MP3
2.) Small Parts MP3
3.) TV Dinner MP3
4.) Gone MP3
5.) Octopus MP3
6.) Cahuenga Shuffle MP3
7.) Pollination MP3
8.) Across The Stars In Blue MP3
Text

FLAC (loseless) files available upon request (by e-mail)

No comments:

Post a Comment